Thursday, July 10, 2008

First Week in Jerusalem

Shalom, y'all!  I hope you all are doing well!  I am officially in Israel now.  This week has been a sort of get to know the other students in my class kind of week, and classes won't start until next week.  There are a total of 10 cantorial students in my class, all of whom are female, and we're all sopranos except for one who is a mezzo-soprano.  There are about 30 rabbinical students and 3 educational students in my class as well.  My roommates, Aviva and Jon, are very cool.  Right now we're living in an apartment that isn't so great and is at least a 45 minute walk to campus... but August 1st, we'll be moving to an apartment that is only about a 20 minute walk to campus and apparently has an incredible view of the city!  I can't wait to take some pictures and post them for you!  

It is so incredibly hot here, and you have to walk everywhere!  I'm using more and more Hebrew and I know my address in Hebrew now.  yay!  Jerusalem is a beautiful, beautiful city.  I know I will love it here, even though I'll be missing you.  If you have not ever visited Israel, you must make it a point to at some time in your life.  It's amazing!

I wish you all the best.  Keep an eye out for pictures!

L'shalom,
Amanda

  

No comments: